Reducing The Size Of A Video File Using Movavi Video Converter
You might feel the need to reduce the size of video files for shortage of storage space in your hard drive and if you want to watch a movie on your smartphone or tablet then reducing the size of the video file is a must. Nowadays, movies are available in High Definition having a very large file size which needs to be reduced. Movavi Video Converter, apart from converting audio, video and image files also has video file compression feature. After you’ve reduced the size of the video file, you’ll be able to save it in any common video file format. Presets for some popular mobiles and tablets are also included for your ease of use, you’ll just have to specify the device. As the user interface of Movavi Video Converter is so simple, even someone with no experience of video editing will find it easy to use.
To reduce the size of a video file using Movavi video Converter you’ll have to follow the steps given below:
- You’ll have to install the software by double clicking on the installation file and subsequently following the instructions on the installation wizard.
- After opening the program, you’ll have to click on the ‘Add Video’ option which you’ll find at the program window’s top left corner and then you’ll have to click on the open file option and then choose the file you’ll be working with.
- After that you’ll have to click ‘convert to’ option and then click on “More presets for formats” and after that you’ll have to select the format you need to convert your file to. If you convert your video file to mp4 format you’ll be able to view it in computer as well as in most mobiles and tablets.
- To enhance the video quality you’ll have to click on ‘Settings’ located just beside preset list and then you’ll be able to make the necessary changes. It is recommended that you select a codec that is comparatively new, because such a codec will reduce the file size but the quality of the video will be quite high.
- If you want to play the video on a particular device then you’ll have to click on “more presets for devices” option and specify your device and the converted video will be of highest quality compatible with your device.
- After that you’ll have to determine the size of the file to be produced after conversion. You’ll have to keep in mind that bit rate is the determinant of size and quality of video. To adjust the file size you’ll have to click on “Output” after which you’ll be able to set the file size and bitrate by dragging the slider. You’ll have to click on “Apply” button after you’ve set the file size.
- To determine where your file will be saved, you’ll have to click on “Browse” option and choose a folder and then click OK.
- You’ll have to click “Convert” to let the conversion begin.
For more information on Movavi video converter visit the following http://www.movavi.com/videoconverter/index.html.