I find it really distasteful how the President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III can talk (and joke) about his love life in the light of what’s happening in the country. I mean come on! So many issues need to be answered/addressed by the president I would like to think that he knew to brush off questions regarding his love life, not bask in it and act like he’s even kinikilig about it!
These are just some of the issues in the country right now…
- There’s still those missing persons/casualties of typhoon Sendong in Iligan City and Cagayan de Oro City.
- There’s the to-be-implemented K+12 Program by the Department of Education (DepEd) by this coming June 2012 (School Year 2012-2013) which I heard from my sister (who teaches in a Catholic School in Manila) is being protested by a lot of parents especially those with incoming Grade 6 kids.
- There’s also the ongoing impeachment proceedings versus Supreme Court Chief Justice Renato Corona.
- Congressman Iggy Arroyo’s death. This should not have been a national issue but since he is tied up to the controversial Jose Pidal account…
- And there’s still the cases against former President-now Congresswoman Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
So the Philippines has a bachelor president. So what?!? Sure, we have vested interest in who he might marry while serving as the Chief Executive of the country. But the guy is still getting to know women and dating them. We need not discuss it on national television and he need not act like a teenage boy in the brink of jumping into a relationship with his first love! Not to mention how his sister Kris Aquino couldn’t stop herself from declaring how nice the president looked together with the Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra who is also single like him! Ah these Aquinos!
Can you imagine the Korean TV host Grace Lee became a trending topic in Twitter for close to 2 days just because she is dating the president?!?
Sana bago asikasuhin ang love life eh asikasuhin muna ang sandamak na issue sa bansa. Ang dami pa ring eskwelahan ang di magamit dahil evacuation centers pa rin. Kulang pa rin ang mga classrooms at school supplies especially textbooks. Ang daming dapat pagtuunan ng pansin ng presidente natin! Kung gusto lang pala niyang mag-date, sana di na lang siya tumakbong presidente di ba? Unahin ba raw ang love life!!